Shawnee girls advance to district finals
Area beggars’ nights planned
Absentee ballots, early voters pouring in
Sojourner Recovery facility opening
Warwick pleads guilty in son’s death
- PSWCD awarded grant funds - 3:46 pm
- Public safety: Eaton Police reports - 3:23 pm
- Vietnam War to be topic of speaker - 2:45 pm
- Roofing project discussed by TVS BOE - 2:45 pm
- Toddler was beaten, malnourished - 2:45 pm
- Housing study possible for Oxford - 2:45 pm
- PCRTA welcoming comedy group - 2:45 pm
- District library plans events - 2:45 pm
- ‘Give and take’ secret to golden anniversaries - 12:06 pm
- West Alexandria news - 12:06 pm
- Veterans News - 12:06 pm
- DAR group providing backpacks - 12:06 pm
- Kiwanis holding holiday food drive - 12:05 pm
- News briefs - 12:05 pm
- DAR recognized by council - 12:05 pm
- Camden to demolish run-down property - 12:05 pm
- Emergency cold shelter announced - 12:05 pm
- November is ‘sew’crazy at Art Center - 12:05 pm
- Senior edition - 12:05 pm
- Coley comes to MU for BBS signing - 12:05 pm
- City of Eaton discusses finances, EPD - 6:16 pm
- City plans hydrant flushing - 3:46 pm
- View Story - 3:43 pm
- Halloween events planned in Oxford - 3:20 pm
- NFAD gets new chief, others honored - 3:20 pm
- Number of area pharmacies dispensing Naloxone increasing - 3:20 pm
- Genealogy lock-in scheduled Nov. 5 - 3:20 pm
- $40 million gift sets record for Miami University - 3:20 pm
- Veterans News - 3:20 pm
- Absentee voting to begin - 3:20 pm
- PCDL events, activities - 4:25 pm
- Ricky Nye to perform in Oxford - 4:24 pm
- Bigfoot researcher presenting at library - 4:24 pm
- Public safety: Oxford Police reports - 4:24 pm
- Public safety: Eaton Police reports - 4:24 pm
- West Alexandria news - 4:24 pm
- News briefs - 4:24 pm updated: 3:20 pm.
- ‘10 Million Steps to Prevent Falls’ - 4:24 pm
- A pleasant outlook on aging - 4:24 pm
- ACS Style Show Saturday - 4:24 pm
- Change of venue denied - 4:24 pm
- Eaton’s Willis takes OHSAA Division II State golf championship - 4:03 pm updated: 5:10 pm.
- Preble County among Auditor Award winners - 2:35 pm
- View Story - 2:34 pm
- Deadline for PC Visitors’ Guide is Dec. 1 - 2:33 pm
- Public records - 2:33 pm
- Ohio awards certification to MU Police Department for adopting standards - 2:33 pm
- City plans hydrant flushing - 2:33 pm
- Oxford City Council discusses sidewalks, more - 2:33 pm
- Several indicted last week - 2:33 pm
West Alexandria news
WEST ALEXANDRIA — Birthdays this week: Skylar Reckers, Traci Marker, Joe Smith, Jeremy Mohr, Karen Ulrich Maalouf, Brenda Wright, Maggie Cornett...
Support neededNext fall, local WWII, Korean, Vietnam and peacetime veterans will take a journey to the nation’s capitol. They will travel to Was...
DAR group providing backpacks
EATON — Commodore Preble Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution celebrated the second annual National DAR Day of Service recently, ...
Kiwanis holding holiday food drive
OXFORD — The Oxford Kiwanis Club is asking residents to contribute food items to its annual Holiday Food Drive, scheduled for 1 to 4 p.m., Sunda...
Choir concertThe Eaton High School Choir and Eaton High School Steel Band will perform Thursday, Oct. 27, at 7 p.m., in the Eaton Performing Arts Cent...
DAR recognized by council
OXFORD – Oxford City Council honored the Daughters of the American Revolution group on Tuesday, Oct. 18, during council’s second meeting o...
North, Shawnee have outside shot at playoffs
COLUMBUS — Tri-County North moved back into the Top 12 and despite winning, Preble Shawnee dropped one spot in the latest Harbin Computer footba...
Eaton bows out of tournament
LEBANON — Not being able to stop its opponents’ momentum has been an issue for Eaton’s volleyball team at times this season.That pro...
TCN volleyball season ends with loss to Ft. Loramie
ARCANUM — The Tri-County North volleyball team lost to the No. 2 seed Fort Loramie Lady Redskins in three sets, 14-25, 6-25 and 11-25 on Wednesd...
TVS volleyball eliminated from post season
ARCANUM — The Twin Valley South volleyball team lost to the Covington Buccaneers in four sets in the second round of the Division IV sectional t...
NT dropped by Covington, 41-7
COVINGTON — The National Trail football team was overpowered on Friday, Oct. 21, losing 41-7 on the road against the Covington Buccaneers in a C...
MULTIMEDIA - PHOTO STORE
Landry Brooks KlapperBart and Kayla (Brunner) Klapper announce the birth of their son, Landry Brooks Klapper, Aug. 30, 2016.Landry was born at McCullo...
West Alexandria news
WEST ALEXANDRIA — Birthdays this week: Jessica Dudas, Lois Welsh, Valerie Durkle, Jody Guehring, Jasmine Thompson, Ralf Mohr, Matthew Landwehr, ...
Oktoberfest to inclulde first pageant
WEST ALEXANDRIA — The very first Oktoberfest Miss & Mr. Pageant was held Saturday, Oct. 8.The pageant, which is sponsored, Alpha Kappa Soror...
Church rededicates facility
EATON — On Sunday evening, Sept. 18, a dedication and open house brought longtime members Sterling and Paula Bateman, all the way from Springbor...
Drive to Victory week four brings huge donations
CAMDEN — Preble Shawnee High School beat Milton-Union High School to earn a $300 scholarship and become the new season leader in last week’...
EATON — As we step into October our theme at the Preble County Council on Aging (PCCOA) is “Seniors POP!” It is National Popcorn Mon...
Cottingim urges ‘yes’ on PS issue
Editor:I know the Preble Shawnee community is a great one. I know the school system is a great one. I know that community members want what is best fo...
Has Ohio conquered the Third Frontier?
Initially authorized by Ohio voters in 2002 with a $1.6 billion state investment and reauthorized in 2010 with an additional $700 million, the Ohio Th...
From the bench
Is a blood sample — obtained as the result of a DUI investigation — rendered inadmissible if the sample is not kept refrigerated in strict...
Horton encouraging ‘no’ vote for Preble Shawnee
Editor:Wisdom does not advocate destroying a 33-year-old high school building for lack of a new heating and cooling system, some exterior brick work, ...
Atkins supporting Renner for commission
Editor:I am writing to support Joseph Renner for Preble County Commissioner.I’ve known Joe for more than 25 years. He was a colleague and a ment...
Ohio should comply with federal overtime rule
An updated rule established by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) will bring overtime protection to 12.5 million American workers, including 351,000 O...
Know your fireworks rules
OHIO — There’s the old joke: Independence Day is the holiday when we show how much we love our country by blowing up a small part of it.No...
Stop threats in advance
EATON — The Preble County Development Partnership and the Preble County Chamber of Commerce are hosting a free workshop: Cyber Threats, How to M...
McCullough-Hyde rewards customer service excellence
OXFORD — On Monday, March 11, McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital honored employees nominated for their outstanding customer service. The ROSE (Re...
LCNB’s Wilson sets retirement date, Foster adds CEO to his responsibilities
LEBANON — The Board of Directors of LCNB Corp. announced on Monday, Dec. 28, 2015, that Stephen P. Wilson would retire as Chief Executive Office...
Pete Ferriell joins Somerville National Bank
PREBLE COUNTY — Somerville National Bank has brought in a new face to help take their agricultural loan department to the next level.Earlier thi...